Friday, June 17, 2005

Panic Stations.

You ever have one of those days when you were expecting the worst.

That was me today. On Tuesday I received a notice from Aussie Post telling me that I had some registered mail waiting for me at the local post office. Hmmm... who would bother to send me registered mail? Well I let it go until today, post office hours don't coincide with my work life all that well, except for today when I drop the kids off at school and can get in to work a little late.

So off to the PO I go and on the way my mind starts rattling through the possibilities.
1. Speeding fine, I'm still waiting for a possible fine dating back to early Feb. But they are not normally registered.
2. Tax Office Audit, I never wanna see a letter from them unless there is a cheque attached.
3. A retrenchment offer from work, we have been filling the unemployment offices quite regularly lately and maybe they didn't want to tell me face to face.
4. Maybe that dude that has my other car has clocked up some parking fines and hasn't paid them?
5. I'm being sued by some guy I had pushed over back in my school days?

but alas, it was none of the above. It came from the Real Estate agent managing the property I live in, but why registered?

1.Maybe the owners want to sell the house at the end of the year and they need to make sure I receive the notice.
2. Maybe the house they are managing for me needs more work and they are too scared to call me
3. The agent is inviting me to their christmas in july party.

Again, none of the above.

They were just advising me that they want to jack up the rent by $20 per month.

So after all that panic, it was nothing worth worrying about.

2 comments:

Melba said...

Cape Man

"You worry too much" [said in Jewish mother, or perhaps Italian mother accent]

Glad to hear it was nothing too bad. But you would think they would just call you and tell you.

Is it an extra $20 a month or a week? Seems strange for it to be a month. And when does it start?

I know, I know, all these questions. What a busybody amst I.

Cape Man said...

Yep, it is $20 a month and it starts in September.

The agent was inspecting my place 2 busines days earlier and she knew I was going to be home so I don't know why she couldn't just hand the thing to me. I guess that's part of the service the landlord is paying for.

Thanks for popping by, ciao.