Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why is it so... part 1.

Why is it that as soon as an 18 yo boy gets his licence, the next thing he gets is a P-plate, a baseball cap with the peak shaped to a point, followed by an over powered v8 1995 VR Commodore or a 1988 VL v6-turbo Commodore?
It seems we are producing a bunch of cap wearing speed hungry morons that are unlikely to make it through to their 20’s.
There is also another phenomenon, when these young males congregate in cars, usually 6 to a car; only the driver is allowed to wear his peak cap. All others must remove theirs as a sign of respect to the driver.
This never happened in my day, my 1976 Datsun 180b couldn’t hold my school books, let alone more than 1 person in it, but it did get me from A to uni and back.

“Shut up old man! You’re wearing a Ferrari flag!”

Oi, do as I say, not as I do!! Be off with you.

Prediction: The Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo will replace the Commodore in 10 years as the hoon car of choice.

2 comments:

Melba said...

hello cape man, there are too many v's in this posting for me to try to decode the types of cars.

but i know someone who laid some rubber down just the other day, sunday i think it was, as he drove off from my place. i thought i might have been mistaken but turned around and sure enough, there he was, burning off into the blue, in his blue [ford falcon turbo xvj9]

sorry cape man, sorry to take it out on you. day 23 you know.

but on the original topic - i suspect it's got something to do with big brother - that immoral piece of shit that is sinking to lower and lower depths. it was never classy, however, it did used to offer something of sociological value. not any more.

apologies again. i have hijacked you blog to pursue my own agenda.
must away, work beckons. but i will come back to this topic when i have something more to say.

Cape Man said...

I won't bore you with what all the V's stand for. Just prehistoric car models.
It's funny how all life's woes can be blamed on BB05. It is now on the banned list, along with wrestling and HI-5.
BB has been usurped by Temptation in our house. A little bit of showing off to the kids with my gen knowledge is good stuff.

PS: I think the rubber being laid down outside your house was probably caused by some he-man checking you out and wanting to draw attention his way.

PPS: Bring on day 26, salami day!