Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Episode where I am trying to sell my car.

For the past 2 years or so, I’ve been trying to sell my old Mazda 323. I no longer need it as I’ve replaced it with a superior family sized vehicle (with Turbo). One of my neighbors offered to sell it on my behalf as he is a mechanic and knew a few guys in the trade. Firstly he was going to fix the minor faults and then he would shop it around. He did this, the faults were minor and he probably spent about $250 in total. So we sort of agreed on about $6000 and all I wanted was about $5000 and whatever remained, he could keep. Well he came close about 2 times, each time the purchaser agreed to a price and then they couldn’t get the finance. Usually a Uni student and Mum/Dad didn’t have the ability to raise the $6000 so we held out thinking that someone would eventually come up with the cash.

2 years on and not a single bite, until recently. JP (the mechanic) and I agreed that he would buy the car and use it himself; he had a new job and needed to drive long distances. The Mazda runs on the smell of an oily rag so it was ideal. Then the clutch went, Shit!! So now he’s got the parts to replace the clutch and he’s been sitting on it for 2 months or more. The car is sitting in his driveway and he’s done nothing. Then, one day, he gives me a deposit and I think, fantastic he’s finally sold it. Truth is, he has promised it to a mate who will pay the full amount, but he needs to fix the clutch first. So once again, I’m sitting here waiting for him to replace that F@(#!ng clutch so I can see the rest of my money.

You will notice, I’m a patient man, I may drive a fast car but when it comes to human nature I’m a softy. Right now I’m over worrying about it. I’ll call him one of these days, to speak to his mum and find out that he’s not home or he’s asleep, or at work, yada, yada, yada.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Two years? I would have sold the thing as junk by now. Or donated it to a charity.

You have far more patience than the average person. Bless your heart!

Hi - I'm here via Michele today!

PiesFan90 said...

echooooooo
echooooooo
echooooooo

Melba said...

helllllooooo
hellllllllooooo
post againnnnnnn!

Pirate Princess said...

hmmm.... well, perhaps the patience will pay off. You do not sound like an instant gratification sort of fella to me. That's a good thing. :0)