Thursday, July 28, 2005

What do ya do?

What would you do in this situation.

I left work today at 4:45pm, normal time for me these days and went to my car. When I arrived at the car park I waited in the foyer for the lift. These was this suit waiting there as well, the lift had to come down from the 6th floor so we waited. There was a notice up on the wall and it caught my attention. Something to do with tram works out on Bourke St, what that had to do with the car park is beyond me but I digress. While reading this notice, the suit moved in closer to see what the notice was about. I smelt something a little pongy as he moved in, but I moved back as the lift arrived and I gave him some space.
The suit walked into the lift first and I followed, he was going to the 2nd, me the 3rd. He says to me, what's that notice about, I explained briefly about the tram works and we both agreed that it seemed silly to be hung up on the wall in a car park. As we talked, I notice that pong again, this time I recognized it. It was Alcohol, not just a little, but enough to give this guy a real stench. I then noticed his red eyes and slight stagger as he walked out on the 2nd floor. The door closed and I realized. Shit, this is a car park. He's getting in a car! He's going to be in front or behind me as we leave the car park. Shit! I should have stopped him, and then what. Flatten him and steal his keys? Block his car with mine? (I don't need any more repairs) Convince him to catch a taxi? Get his rego and call the cops? Do nothing?
I don't know, do you get involved or not?

Situation no 2.
Driving to work today, I drove down Lygon St, passing the cemetery where the tram runs down the middle of the road, through a series of safety zones. Now for the uninitiated, a safety zone is a fenced off tram stop in the middle of the road where cars are not allowed to go along the tracks. This gives the area the name "safety zone", you are safe from car traffic. Well, this morning, a dickhead in a shiny grey/silver Renault hatchback decided it was above the law and zoomed through the safety zone. Traffic was pretty bad this morning and this impatient bastard felt the need to risk hitting a pedestrian and save him/her self 2 minutes in traffic. What the FU@K. This is not the first time I've seen this, it must have happened on about 8 occasions this year alone. Where are the cops when you need them. In all the cases, these guys fly past and you have a split second to try and catch the plate. If you happen to see it, What do you do? In this situation, I would ring the cops. They might do something, they might not, but at least I'd have done something about it. If there were kids at those tram stops, they don't always stand by your side. These bastards (the drivers) need to by sidelined. I'd be tempted to put my car in the way to stop these pricks coz that's all they are.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I would have wanted to stop the drunk guy from getting in his car, but you never know if drunks are going to be belligerent and violent. It would have been a hard call for me, too.

Sandi said...

Hi Michele sent me.
I would have gotten his tag number and called the police.
Very tough call though, diffentely would have sat in the garage for a good 15 minutes, just to let him have a head start.

guppyman said...

Give him a head start, then proceed....

Michele says hello.

This is actually Squeakers

Unknown said...

Hi ,some great stuff here.Im an avid car lover and came across a site about Antique Cars# that I thought was worth sharing as they have some really fantastic resources,considering how old these things are now I really struggle to get good information so if you enjoy the vehicles of the past go like I do then take a look.