Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Wood'ya believe it?

This is a little update regarding the car I'm selling.

I rang the dude that has my car last week, and spoke to his mum.
"He's not here now, He went to the dentist and hasn't come back yet".
"Oh, OK, let him know I called and get him to call me back. It's about the car" As if she didn't know, she's been hassling him to shift it ASAP.
So then I just waited and waited, thinking how long does he need at the dentist. 7 days later I get this call at work.
"Mate! How-ah you? You's bin OK? I've been sick mate, really sick mate. Flu's bin killing me mate, you haff no idea mate"
"JP, to what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"
"Mate, sorry I didn't get back to ya, bin sick n that"
"Ok, no problems, what'd happening?"
"Mate, I got a little more money for you. I got a fousand dollars for you. If you come ova on Friday next week I'll haff it for ya"
"Ok, next Friday?"
"Yeah, fa sure mate. If i'm not heyah, you's can get if off my mum. I'll leaf it wiff her"
"OK JP, so that means you have about 1500 left?"
"Yeah, that's it. I'll haff it for ya next monf"
"OK, JP, I'll just hang here by my thumb nails waiting, I'm sure you won't be long"

9 comments:

Melba said...

here's the lowdown capey. you need to stop saying "ok" [like 5 in one exchange] and start saying "pay up you fuck or i'll get someone to push you over"

see if that works

Cape Man said...

ok.

Melba said...

i mean it. don't you "ok" me. get someone to push him over. and his mother.

Melba said...

love you capey

Michelle said...

this guy sounds a little shifty to me...maybe I'm just too distrustful.

here via Michele. love your cape!

Cape Man said...

This guy is definitley shifty, I won't deny it, but he has the aura of a "soprano" if you know what I mean. He works for his uncle at the fruit markets. He was flown to Queensland to sort out the labour problems on his uncle's farm. This is where the back packers go to pick fruit and they were complaining about the conditions, well as you know, the soprano's don't take critisism too well.

Michelle said...

ah, I see. now the story makes more sense. good luck! and thanks for stopping by my blog. that was really nice of you!

Melba said...

but cape man, you are also of the soprano variety. plus you have a cape.

Cape Man said...

Shhhh!!!
Don't blow my cover, I'm also in the witness protection scheme.